- Created: 02 February 2012
Highlighting a year of accomplishments, Ms. Michelle Bachelet describes plans on six UN Women priorities:
- advancing women’s political participation and leadership;
- improving women’s economic empowerment;
- ending violence against women and girls;
- expanding the role of women in peace talks, peace-building, and recovery;
- making budgets and plans benefit women and men equally; and
- increasing coordination and accountability across the UN system for gender equality.
UN Women's top priority for 2012 is to make a renewed push for women’s economic empowerment and political participation. read more...