The GNWS Women’s Helplines Project
Help us organize a global website with helpline information of every country in the world. Help us to organize international and national strategies to create, support and secure women’s helplines and crisishelp in every country of the world.
Creating Worldwide Women’s Safety
The Women’s Helplines Project
The Global Network of Women’s Shelters wants women and children to be safe in every country of the world. Direct help is essential for victims of domestic and sexual violence. A women’s helpline is one of the most important ways of enabling victims to find help and support.
If a woman needs help, what number do you want to give her?
Currently across the globe
- There is NO respected global website that lists accurate, vetted, safe resources for victims of domestic and sexual violence in every country across the world.
- There is no global organization responsible for collecting and constantly updating reliable and accurate helpline information on every continent.
- Over 20% of the countries worldwide do not provide women’s helplines
- organize a global website where everybody, victims of domestic and sexual violence, supporting family/friends and professionals, can easily find trustworthy women’s helpline information of every country in the world.
- organize international and national strategies to create, support and secure women’s helplines and crisis help in every country of the world.
How can you help?
- PROVIDE INFORMATION about women’s helplines for victims of domestic or sexual violence in your country. Even if there is none, it is important information for us! Fill out this form
- DONATE and help us to create women’s helplines in countries where they are missing and to collect and publish worldwide data about the importance of trustworthy women’s helplines. Every contribution is welcome! Donate button at this website: see Womens Helplines.