Feel safe, with Lila.Help
If a someone needs help from gender-based violence, what number do you want to give them?
… Someone you love gets threatened and feels they need to leave and find help.
… Your colleague based abroad quietly tells you that she is being abused by her intimate partner.
… A family member had a date during their holiday and calls you after getting assaulted.
The last thing you want to do is to inadvertently send your niece, colleague, neighbor, or your friend to an organization which advertises that they help victims, but in reality is trafficking or otherwise harming women and children. In too many communities, organizations purport to help victims, but in reality, counsel women to return to their abusive husbands.
Currently across the globe
- There is NO respected international website that lists accurate, vetted, and safe resources for victims of domestic and sexual violence in every country across the world.
- There are many organizations and volunteers who provide helpline information; however, the helpline numbers can become not up to date easily.
- Some resources refer to for instance United Nations reports, local research, and other materials, which are needed, important, and interesting, but they aren’t helpful to a victim currently in crisis.
- There is no global organization responsible for collecting and constantly updating reliable and accurate helpline information on every continent.
We are changing this, with Lila.help
- To organize a global website where everybody, survivors of domestic and sexual violence, supporting family/friends and professionals, can easily find trustworthy women’s helpline information of every country in the world.
- To organize international and national strategies to create, support and secure women’s helplines, shelters and other support services in every country of the world.
Do you want to know more about the project? Take a look at our Project Document.
How can you help?
- Add your organization: do you work at/run an organization that offers direct support to survivors of gender-based violence? Please add your organization to our directory here.
- Spread the word: do you work at an organization that does not offer direct support? Please spread the word, and motivate others to be a part of Lila.help.
- Donate: every donation helps us to ensure every survivor of gender-based violence can find the help they need.
- Volunteer: do you want to contribute to our directory in another way? Feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.